The sun is out and the beach bums are ready, myself included! It’s time to soak up some sunshine, gain glowing tans, dish out on tons of ice cream, and snap up some Polaroid-worthy memories. Being a certified beach bum means always being prepared and ready for anything on these sandy and salt water excursions. What keeps me both in check and organized on any beach adventure is a go-to tote filled with my top beach beauty must-brings anyone would need. Each of these items has a designated goal in keeping my hair, skin, and self looking and feeling fresh. After all, we want our beach days to last as long as they can without us appearing like a fish out of water! Take a peek at my must-bring items to check off your list and stack into your own stylish totes whenever you’re ready to head off to the beach—you’ll be just as prepared as any mermaid out there!
1) Tote: I gravitate towards roomy beach totes that have at least one pocket for extra storage and are clear so you’ll be able to see everything within reach without having to scavenge for whatever you need. Want to stick out? Go for translucent, neon-colored bags! They scream beach fun, yet allow you to still see everything you’ve packed.
2) Sunnies: Regardless of what your favorite eyewear shape is, be sure to pack sunnies to keep your eyes protected. The sun’s rays are gorgeous, but eyes can be especially sensitive to its light. Better to stay safe and stylish at the same time!
3) Sunscreen: When it comes to protecting your skin from the harsh rays, this a 100% must-bring—no matter if you’re tanning or not. We have to keep wrinkles far from near!
4) Moisturizer: Now, we don’t want our skin feeling grainy like the sand we lay on. Opt for a lightweight moisturizer as pictured to keep you feeling breezy and not oily. Isn’t the name so appropriate?
5) Hair Sun Spray: I call this product my hair savior when it comes to conditioning, revitalizing, and moisturizing my hair while at the beach. It protects your locks from fading or becoming brassy and it even smells like coconuts—yum!
6) Texturizing Spray: If you’re spending the whole day at the beach, this texturizing spray will help enhance those beachy waves gained from the ocean. It’s a quick way to style your hair if you’re going out afterwards or hitting the boardwalk for a bite to eat.
7) Face Mist: Keep your face feeling cool and hydrated by spritzing a face mist on while basking in the sun.
8) Tinted Lip Balm: I always opt for a lip balm that is tinted, yet still protects your lips with SPF components. It adds some color that compliments that tan you may have going on.
9) Travel-Sized Perfume: Roller-ball perfumes are great for storing in your tote without taking up too much room!
10) Hair Ties: When it’s too hot, just pull your hair up with some fun hair ties that can easily be accessorized as bracelets as well.
Read more on Beauty at Clichemag.com!
Photos courtesy of: shopbando.com, sephora.com, fresh.com, birchbox.com, vitacost.com, macys.com, ulta.com, aldoshoes.com and jcrew.com.