Gwen Stefani turned heads last night at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards, and not just because of her intricate black Versace jumpsuit or her flawless skin (seriously, does this woman age?), but because of her rocker-chic up-do!
“[Gwen Stefani’s] disheveled French twist can be as casual a look as you like, to dress up or simply wear slightly disheveled to tone down your evening wear,” said Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert Jenny Balding. Gwen Stefani’s hair tied her look all together and really made her stand out on the red carpet amongst a sea of loose, wavy locks and bobs!
Below, Balding shares her tips on how to get Gwen Stefani’s Grammy look!
How to Get Gwen Stefani’s Grammys Hair
1) Start with day old hair as you’ll have some texture in your hair and it will be easier to manage
2) Use dry shampoo to really boost the texture of your roots (Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo is excellent). Spray throughout your roots and even the mid-lengths to create body and texture. Shake through with your fingers.
3) Use a light hairspray for a little hold–Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray works best, as it is a versatile spray. Mist over all and shake up with your hands to really create body and movement.
4) Section out the crown and front area and pin to one side.
5) Sweep the sides and back together and then twist upwards and pin. Make sure to use hairpins (U shaped pins) so they can really anchor the hair.
6) Take the top section , brush lightly, then let it drop gently to one side
7) Loosen the hairline a little with your fingers to work suits your face shape.
8) To finish, add a little shine by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over–this is very light, but gives just the right amount shine you need.
Read more Beauty articles on ClicheMag.com
BY MEGAN PORTORREAL
Featured image courtesy of Kevin Mazur. Hair tutorial courtesy of Jenny Balding.