It feels like only yesterday when I was rushing from fashion show to fashion show during New York Fashion Week with Editor-in-Chief of Cliché, Megan. That was last year, though, and here we are again; another season of NYFW having come and gone, one that was filled with endless celebrity sightings, head-turning streetwear, awe-inspiring collections, and models that have you crushin’ non-stop. The addictive feeling created by NYFW is one like no other; it’s a time that makes many people just wanna pick up and move there. And we don’t blame ya! Being engulfed by fashion and inspiration around every corner is something we all would love to have year-round. For a lot of us, though, NYFW may be something we are still drooling over from our computer screens. Luckily, Cliché is always here to share with you what we witnessed during this iconic time that sometimes feels like a split second.
Believe it or not, at NYFW fashion isn’t the only part we’re there for. We’re there for everything: the one-of-a-kind characters, eclectic outfits, and must-try (even if it takes us a few attempts) beauty looks. Thankfully, we have such dear friends who are happy to share with us how we can nail the hair trends that’ll be poppin’ this season. From behind the scenes of these magical productions to your fingertips, check out how you can master Fall’s soon-to-be hair trends from NYFW. We’re casting a spotlight on our favorite hair trends from this season with Alice + Olivia, Naeem Khan, Kate Spade, and Rebecca Minkoff. Read how to style down below!
Alice + Olivia
Alice + Olivia stole our hearts with its fanciful and enchanting Spring/Summer 2017 collection. The inspiration for Stacey Bendet in this season’s collection spurred from mystic gardens and 18th century tarot gardens. According to Stacey, “The collection is about the power of positivity and even though life sends us so many messages, it is all about how we interpret them – that is the beauty of the tarot card: it is totally interpretive.” TRESemmé sought to create stunning and unique hair looks that would pair perfectly with each whimsical outfit. Check out how Jeanie Syfu, hairstylist of TRESemme, styled each model’s hair into a fairy-like + city girl braided look that you’ll want to create right away.
- Prep damp hair with a generous amount of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam through roots and lengths, and brush through for fluffy texture.
- Create a center part down to the nape of the neck and use a 1¼” curling iron to make loose waves along the part for texture and volume. Lightly tease the surface of the roots to give added lift.
- Starting below the ears, create a fishtail braid along both sides of the head and fasten with elastics.
- Add additional elastics through mid-lengths of both braids to create more shape; wrap hair around all elastics.
- Using fingers, gently dishevel braids while pulling a few pieces out for an undone, wispy texture. Finish the look by lightly spraying TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Brushable Hold Hairspray all over for touchable hold that lasts.
Styling Products Used:
- TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam
- TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Brushable Hold Hairspray
Tools: Blow dryer, tail comb, elastics, bobby pins, clips, 1 1/4” curling iron.
Photos courtesy of TRESemmé and Alice + Olivia