Possibly my personal all-time favorite hairstyle to have reign the runway this NYFW was within Kate Spade’s Spring/Summer 2017 line. It’s all about the “au naturale” blowout for the Kate Spade woman as she explores the city in printed dresses with movement, heads to brunch classic, structured number, and stuns on date night in a sophisticated dress with a statement jacket. But don’t get it wrong—it’s not about being perfect; it’s all about being real. The blowout look, as said by TRESemme hair stylist Bob Recine, is meant to have a “lived-in feel.” It’s like having second-day hair right away; see how you can have this happen with Bob Recine down below!
- Start with the Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system. First, use the Pre-Wash Conditioner to soften the hair, followed by the Shampoo to wash away weight.
- Using your fingers, comb through a small, golf ball-sized amount of Beautiful Volume mousse from root to tip
- Blow dry the hair straight using your fingers, trying not to rough it up too much; then allow your hair to fall at its natural part
- Apply a light spritz of the Botanique damage recovery oil elixir for added healthy shine
- Roll a hair straightener down the top sections from root to tip, keeping the hand moving to add a very delicate wave
- Finish the look by spraying Beauty-Full Volume hairspray for light flexible hold
Styling Products Used: Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner, Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo, Beauty-Full Volume Mousse, Botanique Damage Recovery oil elixir and Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray
Tools: Blow dryer, straightener, wide tooth comb.
Photos courtesy of TRESemmé and Kate Spade