While there were a ton of gorgeous women on yesterday’s VMAs red carpet, it was the beautiful British singer/songwriter FKA twigs who really caught our eye. For music’s special night, she changed up her signature braids and vampy lip for a curly bob. “As soon as I saw the beautiful Versace Couture gown, I thought full, curly hair with an undone texture would be perfect,” said TONI&GUY Celebrity Stylist Christian Wood, who is responsible for this beautiful look. Below, he gives us some tips on achieving this gorgeous look.
What You Need:
- TONI&GUY Classic Shine Gloss Serum
- TONI&GUY Casual Matt Texture Dry Shampoo
- TONI&GUY Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray
- Apply TONI&GUY Classic Shine Gloss Serum to wet hair and diffuse dry to enhance the natural curl
- Next, use a small curling iron on the entire head and leave to cool for 10 minutes
- Then, start at the nape of the neck and use a tail comb to brush out the curl and back comb at the root to create volume and texture.
- Next, spray the entire head with TONI&GUY Casual Matt Texture Dry Shampoo and twist small sections of hair. Using a comb, gently back comb to create a matte rough texture at the root.
- Finish by tipping the head upside down and spraying withTONI&GUY Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray
Read more Beauty posts on ClicheMag.com
BY MEGAN PORTORREAL
How to Get FKA twigs’ VMAs Hair: Tutorial courtesy of TONI&GUY and Christian Wood, featured image courtesy of Jason Merritt/Getty