It’s that time of year again, when the sound of alarm clocks replaces that of crashing beach waves, and homework threatens to trump hanging out with friends. Each September, reality sets back in again, and we all fall into crazy routines that will never measure up to the frivolities and pleasures of summer time. This autumn, look out for your style; the temperature may drop, but that doesn’t mean it too should fall short.
I know exactly what you’re thinking right now: you have no time to get ready in the mornings. You’d rather spend those few precious extra minutes in bed. Well, I’m here to tell you that there’s a way to have it all. Aim for an A+ in style this semester. Mark these beauty tips on your cheat sheet and you’ll be sure to turn some heads by the time grades are posted.
When it comes to makeup, the key is keeping it simple. Say goodbye to the rigorous routines and heavy products and hello to the simple and easy-to use. There’s no need to cover everything up. This semester, use products like these that will highlight your features and give you all day coverage and comfort.
1. For daily use, forget those thick liquid foundations. Instead, choose a powder such as one from the Bare Minerals Broad Spectrum line. You’ll find that powders are easier to match to your unique skin tone, and they absorb natural oils more efficiently. Not to mention, they can be applied and blended in a matter of seconds.
2. Forget traditional eye shadows. This year, try out eye creams and gel shadows. These products can be applied with a brush or just the tip of your finger. They’ll do all the same things powder shadows do, but without the mess or the hassle. Gel shadows stay on right where you place them all day long. You won’t have to worry about spreading glitter all over your face or dealing with shiny and faded eyes by the end of the night. These products will give you a flawless finish in any shade and I assure you, you will not be disappointed.
3. There is nothing wrong with a vibrant lip shade, but let’s face it, 8am college algebra doesn’t exactly scream sexy red lips. Go for a neutral shade with a touch of sparkle and a hint of shine for a more natural and understated look that will not need to be touched up all day long. Products from the Baby Lips line from Maybelline will even moisturize your lips as they shine. How’s that for saving time?
When it comes to the perfect back-to-school hairdos, there’s no need to fret. Curling and straightening irons can do wonders, but embracing your natural locks will save you time and keep your hair shiny and healthy all semester long.
4. On those days when you simply have to run, you’ll find that fabric headbands are the perfect solution to any hair dilemma. Find patterned and embellished ones that will add a sassy pop of color and flair to any outfit. Use them to pull back bangs, flaunt loose straight hair or natural waves, or wear them with a messy bun. Either way, these headbands will give you a put-together look that will have everyone thinking took you all morning to perfect.
5. For those in-between days when blow drying and scrunching just won’t cut it, why not rock a braid? Braids provide fun and versatile ways to change up your look. Choose a simple hairline design to keep your locks away from your face in the lab or playful hipster hidden braids for study group. The fun doesn’t stop here! Pick up all of your hair in French or fishtail braid for those late night runs to the gym.
6. For a more sophisticated look, ballerina buns are surely your best bet. Cut and roll up one of your mix-matched socks and form your ponytail around it for a full and crisp look that is sure to demand authority and attention.
September means a return to mundane reality, but remember, style doesn’t need to suffer too. With this as your guide you’ll be on your way to all things studious and fabulous!