The 2016 Oscars are now behind us but somehow we can’t help but to wonder who might be asked to host the 2017 Oscars. For us award show junkies who are seemingly on the edge of our seats waiting for the final announcement (even when we might now who the winner will be), it’s only second nature to think about who might host next years Oscars.
While the 2016 Oscars we’re riddled with controversy and boycotts, it was somewhat of a relief to see Chris Rock was out there trying to lighten the mood while highlighting some of Hollywood truths when it comes to diversity, opportunity and general fairness when recognizing amazing actors and actresses of all races, not just black actors. His introduction surely rubbed a few people the wrong way but given the circumstances, we should applaud Chris for being courageous enough to host this years Oscars. We think it’s also important to note that this years Oscars had the lowest rating in the past 8 years.
So how do we get more people to watch the 2017 Oscars? Good question right? Well it starts with having a really awesome host so with that in mind, we put together a short list of people we fell might just get the invitation.
1. Jamie Foxx: Yeah, we know it’s all about the hear and now BUT the word on the street is that not only did Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes secretly get married but that they also have a 3 month old baby on the way. We can’t help but to think that around Oscar time, people will be chatting up Jamie Foxx and his new family. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
2. The Rock: Hollywood can’t get enough of Dewayne Johnson aka “The Rock.” The charismatic actor and ex professional wrestler knows how to entertain and audience and is well spoken. A recent People’s Choice Award winner, The Rock would totally rock as the host of the 2017 Ocars.
3. Will Smith: Okay so this might be a stretch but as someone who strongly boycotted this years Oscars, who else could help increase viewership and get the Oscars back on track better than Will Smith. Ranked as the most bankable star
world-wide by Forbes in 2014, Will Smith is a fan favorite all over the world. While Will has never won an Oscar, we’re betting he’d win over the audience if he were to host next years Oscars.
4. Kevin Hart: Kevin Hart is one of the funniest human beings on the planet. The rambunctious and energetic comedian was almost the host of the 2016 Oscars so I don’t think it’s a far stretch to think that 2017 might just be his year. Kevin’s been on record saying that he’d love to host the Oscars. Can you imagine the seguay into the opening of the Oscars after laughing for 10 minutes straight? We think it’d be pretty awesome.
5. Ice Cube: This one might be a stretch as Cube rarely hosts any awards show but people gravitate towards Ice Cube. The successful musician slash actor always finds a way to remain even kill despite the situation or circumstance. I think the audience would enjoy having Ice Cube as their host.
6. Vin Diesel: Who doesn’t like the Diesel. The Fast & Furious star who’s won several MTV Movie Awards is always a fan favorite. His deep sultry voice can command everyone’s attention. Diesel also has a playful side to him. Having 3 children including his daughter Pauline (named in memory of his good friend Paul Walker), Diesel has learned that he can’t be a super hero all the time.
We’re all hoping that next years Oscars will be more attended and view by both fans and actors. We also hope that it’s more diverse considering the Oscar’s President Cheryl Boone Isaacs (who happens to be black) has mentioned that the Academy is taking dramatic steps to alter the makeup of our membership. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Find more celebrity awards articles at clichemag.com
Images provided by Flickr CC