Lorde has stunned on the red carpet before (remember when she wore a pink Vionnet suit to the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York City?), so it goes without saying that the 18-year-old singer/songwriter has serious style. Last night at the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, she turned heads in a Narciso Rodriguez custom suit and crop top and Neil Lane jewels, but it was her minimal makeup and uncharacteristically tamed sleek ponytail that tied it all together!
“Lorde’s sleek low ponytail is a classic style that works on the red carpet and in everyday life,” said Redken/Cutler Stylist Jenny Balding of the star’s polished look. “Even if you have long very curly hair [like Lorde’s], you can still achieve this look with a little know how.”
Using Redken products, Balding gives us step-by-step instructions on how to get Lorde’s Golden Globes ponytail.
How To: Lorde’s Sleek Pony
- Blow dry smooth and straight by using Redken align 12 protective smoothing lotion
- Create a deep side part to whichever side suits your face shape best
- Sweep into low ponytail at the nape
- Use a straightening iron to create a smooth sleek finish
- Mist Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to enhance dull, fine-textured hair for the ultimate sleek finish
Read more Beauty articles on ClicheMag.com
BY MEGAN PORTORREAL
How To instructions courtesy of Redken/Cutler Stylist Jenny Balding
Featured photograph courtesy of Steve Granitz/WireImage; other courtesy of Refinery29