So tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. The day of love, lust, and most importantly, chocolate! Lovers all over the world will be celebrating with their significant others, exchanging gifts, and showing their appreciation in extravagant ways. But what if it turns out that you’re single this Valentine’s Day? Because I can relate to this dilemma, I’ve decided to put together a list of ways of How To Be Single & Fabulous on Valentine’s Day.
1. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to be alone. Get together a group of single girlfriends and hit up a bar, restaurant, club, karaoke lounge, bowling lanes, whatever you’re feeling up to. Take pride in your ability to have a good time with good company, no men needed.
2. Our celebrity crushes never seem to let us down, right? Rent a bunch of movies with sexy male actors and treat yourself to a movie marathon full of eye-candy. Whether its Brad Pitt or Idris Elba, they’re yours for the entire night.
3. Do you have any available guy friends lying around? Ask one out for a platonic date at a delicious restaurant, and during your dinner discussion, play a little game in which you look around the restaurant at all the happy couples, guessing which ones will actually last.
4. Indulge in yourself. Since Valentine’s Day is all about love, spend time loving yourself. Buy a cute outfit, get your hair done, get a nice mani/pedi and just enjoy being YOU. After all, self-love is the best love.
5. Have a party at your place. Invite all your friends over for some good food, drinks, and gossip. To make it more interesting have a theme party in which everyone wears a specific color or brings a specific prop. You can turn Valentine’s Day into “National Singles Day.” Be sure to have a music playlist of upbeat, empowering party songs on repeat.
6. Spread love and send it someone else’s way. Give Valentine’s Day cards to all the people close to you, like co-workers, friends, and family. You can even give a few to those not so close to you. Studies show that kindness spreads, so start an epidemic.
Overall you must remember that February 14th is just another day on the calendar. Whether you are taken or single you are still you, and you are FABULOUS! To all the lovers out there I wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day, and to my fellow singles make sure you live it up.
(Featured Image courtesy of Scarves.com)