Sunday night marked the biggest night of the year in entertainment, The 86th Annual Academy Awards. With all of the incredible motion pictures, actors, and actresses nominated, the academy had an exceptionally tough decision on their hands. The night was filled with wonderful surprises and hilarious jokes from second-time host, Ellen Degeneres. Here’s a list of the big winners!
Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyer’s Club
– Leto’s speech was adorable. He talked about his mom (who was also his date, too cute) and how important Dallas Buyer’s Club was to those who have died of AIDS.
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years A Slave
– Not only did Lupita look absolutely divine in her stunning princess gown, but her acceptance speech ended with one of the most inspiring quotes I’ve ever heard, “When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” (Huffington Post)
Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyer’s Club
– Alright, Alright, Alright! Possibly the smoothest man in the world, McConaughey’s speech was just as cool as him. The best part was when he offered up this piece of wisdom,”There’s three things that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to, another is something to look forward and another is someone to chase.” (Christian Post)
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
– Looking fabulous in her shimmering gown, Blanchett was humbled by her win and thanked all the other amazing women in her category.
Best Motion Picture: 12 Years A Slave
– An emotional roller coaster film, 12 Years A Slave deserved to win the biggest award of the night as well as the award for Best Adapted Screenplay.
(Information courtesy of Eonline)
Congratulations to all the winners! We’re sure they partied till the break of dawn and enjoyed every moment of it! 🙂
With regards to fashion, Kate Hudson absolutely killed it in her shimmering Atelier Versace gown. More fabulous fashions came from Jennifer Lawrence in her radiant red, low-peplum Dior Couture and Sandra Bullock in her deep blue Alexander McQueen stunner. The men looked quite dapper themselves, with the suave Jared Leto in Saint Laurent and Zac Efron in Calvin Kline Collection. We give the fashion an A+! (Eonline)
(Photographed above, Kate Hudson in Versace Atelier (left) and her Vanity Fair after party gown by Zuhair Murad, Eonline)
The best moment of the night was when host, Ellen Degeneres, handed out pizza to the biggest movie stars in the biz. (Surprise! Many of them actually ate it!) Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie each took a piece, along with Jennifer Lawrence, Harrison Ford, and Julia Roberts. Why weren’t we invited to the world’s most star studded pizza party?
We hope everyone enjoyed the Oscars and a big congratulations to all the winners!
– by Amanda Sikoral
(Photos courtesy of Eonline)