Today we want to share with you top diamond alternatives for engagement rings. An engagement ring is a very symbolic piece of jewelry that two people in love share. It signifies your total commitment and complete devotion, a love that is meant to last forever. It means that you are both willing to embark on life’s journey together, a promise of your loyalty. This is why couples can be very picky when it comes to choosing the perfect engagement ring.
When talking about the best stones for engagement rings, diamonds are usually at the top of the list. They’re considered the best choice of precious stones because of their fire, brilliance, and hardness–they’re perfect in every sense. These stones can be either set into a band, which looks good and looks simple, or they can be placed in a prong setting, which is less common but looks equally elegant.
Diamonds are precious but they’re not the only stone that’s going to last a lifetime. While diamonds are a girl’s best friend, they shouldn’t be the only focus when it comes to engagement rings. Some of the other diamond options from Tiny Rituals are more unique and less expensive than traditionally mined diamonds, hence they deserve your attention as well. Surely, your special someone isn’t going to say no to anything with a unique gemstone.
While diamonds have always been the popular choice not only because of their unique beauty but also because it is known to be the hardest substance on earth. However, couples are now looking at other stones for engagement rings with their unique charm and which are just as symbolic. You may even find a rainbow moonstone ring that is perfect for your taste.
Here are some excellent alternatives for diamond engagement rings to explore.
- A classic alternative for diamonds is rubies. They are timeless, remaining as beautiful as they are through the years. You can also expect a ruby to be just as enduring as a diamond. It can also be quite expensive because of its excellent quality. If you are not concerned about the cost and are looking for an engagement ring that is both unique and symbolic of passion and love, a ruby is a perfect choice.
- There are many metals that are as great as engagement rings. Gold, platinum, silver, and titanium are some of them. While they might not be the best stones for rings, you can still consider them if you are looking for something with high luster and a little bit of color.
- Another stone that ranks high as a diamond alternative is the emerald. Like the diamond, it is a symbol of love, but it also signifies the start of a new life together, creating memories from new beginnings. The vibrant color of the emerald can be paired with whatever style a woman carries. Emeralds are also known to be resistant to scratching so they can be worn all the time.
- Colored Stones. In addition to being amazing, colored stones are also considered to be less expensive than their counterparts like white gold and platinum. So, if you are looking for a budget ring for your engagement ring, you should go for colored gemstones. Or, you can even go for colored gemstones paired with white gold, which can be a great combination and looks really good on both men and women. Also, white gold rings have a shine that is less flashy than the other metals mentioned above.
- Family heirloom. Nothing can be as romantic as presenting your bride-to-be with a family heirloom that has been treasured through the years. Vintage rings, no matter what stones they carry, signify welcoming your partner into your family with open arms. Wearing one makes you feel that you are loved not only by your partner but also by his entire family, who think you deserve to wear a family heirloom.
- This is a relatively new metal that is fast gaining popularity these days. It comes in many different shapes including a flat oval, pear, heart, and square. Since it’s lightweight, it can easily be molded into other shapes. Many people prefer this gemstone for engagement rings because they don’t feel heavy on the finger. Palladium is also very durable and scratch-resistant.
- The sapphire is also another popular choice for an engagement ring because of its profound meaning. In years past, royalty treasured this beautiful gemstone that not only carries a beautiful blue color but comes in various hues that you can choose from. Sapphires are symbolic of honesty and loyalty, two significant factors of a lasting relationship, and eternal love for your partner.
- Lab-Grown Diamonds: Unlike traditional mined diamonds, these diamonds are produced in a lab, making them environmentally friendly and ethical. They look and are identical to traditional mined diamonds except that they come in at a fraction of the cost. Shop Stefano Navi for your next lab-grown diamond engagement ring.
Because of the significance of an engagement ring, you must choose carefully, remembering what your choice of stone symbolizes. The cost of an engagement ring is a factor that should follow after what your intentions are, and be a symbol of the purity of your love and devotion. Take into consideration that the engagement ring you present to your bride-to-be is suitable for her personality and lifestyle. She will appreciate it even more if you know the person she is by giving her an engagement ring that she will want to always keep on her finger no matter where she is.